As a small business owner, one of the most important indicators of your success is the team of people whom you are surrounded with. Your employees, mentors, investors, vendors and other business partners all have a key role to play in your everyday operations and big-picture goals. One of the most important people you will have to work with is a small business accountant in Oklahoma City, OK. An accountant can help you with everything from documenting tax-deductible expenses to assisting with payroll. If you’re looking for an accountant for the very first time for your business, or you are unhappy with your current accountant, there are several steps you can take to ensure that you are able to select the best professional for your needs:
- Research certification: Different accountants have widely varying levels of education and certification, so it’s important that you do your research before hiring an accountant. You may decide that you want a CPA, or you might find that a different level of certification is ideal for your circumstances. It’s a good idea to look for an accountant who is an enrolled agent. This title indicates that an accountant will be able to represent you before the IRS in the event that you are audited or some problem is found with your taxes.
- Ask about specialty experience: It’s a good idea to look for an accountant who has experience that is relevant to your business needs. Whether it’s payroll, expense reports, bookkeeping or tax preparation, verify that your accountant has worked with businesses that are similar to yours before hiring them.
- Consider proximity: These days, many companies work remotely with accountants through cloud-based accounting technology and may never need to arrange an in-person meeting. However, even if you do most of your communication with your accountant online, it’s still important that you have the option to arrange an in-person meeting if it’s necessary.
- Ask for references: The best way to find out more about what kind of service you can expect from a small business accountant in Oklahoma City, OK is to ask for references. Contact a few of the references that your prospective accountant provides, and then do some research online to look for reviews and testimonials from other former customers.
- Make sure your priorities are aligned: One of your top priorities as a business owner is to save money, so that should be your accountant’s priority, too. Make sure that they are going to be proactive when it comes to deductions and savings so that you can experience the best financial outcomes for your business.
When you work with the professional team of accountants at Chrisman & Chrisman Financial Services, you can rest assured that you will be getting the best available service. We are dedicated to your business and your bottom line, and we can help you save money and maximize revenue. If you have questions about our service or expertise, feel free to give us a call today and get to know our outstanding team.
Categorised in: Accountant
This post was written by Writer